24 August 2009

Fringe: The Attack of the Big Angry Booty

This is subtitled The Adventures of Les Kurkendaal (of LA), with a couple of links to his pages at MySpace and facebook.

Les's tales of diet woes---his and others'---are funny. There's no question about that. But this is not just your everyday standup of laughing at other people, or in rueful recognition that we're included in "other people." Les manages to mix funny with compassion in a subtle fashion so that when he's done, not only has your funny-bone been thoroughly tickled, but your spirit has been fed as well. I enjoyed myself thoroughly, and will certainly look Les up next year if he's at the Fringe....but he also came across as a guy I wish lived in my neighborhood. All in all, a thoroughly pleasant experience, I definitely recommend it.

Piggie's Rating: ****